Journal June 19, 2009 Trail Day 10


Hung out at Shaw's today, resupplied and shipped some stuff home. I really liked the people at Shaw's. The other hikers were nice and the staff was amazing. One of the guys who worked there took a pair of my shorts home and asked his wife to sew up the rear seam that had split wide open. That saved me $40. Pirate, Birch, Kentucky Fried, David and I all went to Spring Creek BBQ for steak dinner. It was SO good! Sirloin Steak for $1/oz. cooked. That place had such good food, even though it was different than what I'm used to. I got to talk to Kelly! She was on duty but we got to talk for 25-30 minutes. She seems to be enjoying Camp. I got a letter from her & she sent one to Garatunk as well. She's so great. Mom sent some letters, e-mails, and a package with 5 dozen or so Oatmeal Toffee cookies. I shared them and everybody loved them. I left the ones that didn't get eaten @ Shaw's for hikers coming in. Reading all those letters and getting the cookies and more Twix bars was great! I couldn't believe how much mail I had gotten! It is sad to leave Shaw's, but the trail beckons & there will be other hostels on the way.
Zombie

No comments:

Post a Comment