Journal June 22, 2009 Trail Day 13 (Mon.)

Sometimes you're getting hard mud, other times soft mud...(yesterday's AT mile 134 )

Today was a late start & slow going. I didn't have much motivation to knock out miles. It was cold & damp & the trail was slick. I think yesterday had more mud & water on the trail, but coming down from Pleasant Pond Mtn. was anything but pleasant. I was supposed to make it to Caratunk today, but lost motivation when Pirate & Birch stopped at Pleasant Pond Lean-to. (& it was 5 pm & I had 6 miles to go).


Will push hard tomorrow & hopefully be well rested & make it to Caratunk & the Kenebec Ferry while it is still running. (The Ferry stops @ 11 am) If I miss, I can always camp out until July 1 when it starts running 9-11 & 2-4. I've been getting late starts since I left Monson & it's affecting my mileage. Part of it has to do w/ hiking w/ Birch. He starts late & I like hiking w/him. O well, I'll figure it out. Off to bed & up early!! I like being on trail by 6.
Night.
Love you guys,
Zombie

No comments:

Post a Comment