Journal June 20, 2009 Trail Day 11



Headed out this morning with Birch & Dog & Pirate. It was drizzling but the trail was sooo muddy. So much for dry socks and shoes. It was good to see that my legs still were up for walking. We stopped @ Horseshoe Canyon Lean to (9 miles from the road) & will go for 13 miles tomorrow. My pack is heavy again! Got some carrots this time & everybody at Shaw's couldn't believe I was buying fresh veggies. I think it's worth the extra weight. Birch & Dog & Pirate are good hiking buddies, & I want to hike w/ them for as long as I can. We got ourselves a posse! Short day today, but good, raining pretty hard, so will have another mega-muddy day. O well, that's the trail.
Zombie

Pictures: Dog, Joey, being lookout at Horse Shoe Canyon Lean-to, while Birch carves his walking stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment