Journal June 10, 2009 Trail Day 1

What a day! 10.4 miles and ~ 8,000 feet elevation. It was crazy. The weather was cold & rainy/ misty & above the tree line. The wind was blowing over 30 mph. Mt. Katadhin was the hardest climb of my life! But, it felt good. I spent about 5 minutes on top because the wind & cold. I didn't get any views but still got choked up when I saw the sign. I have waited & planned for this for a long time.

It is amazing to see what God has created. I sent a check-in message (with The Spot) at the summit! Took a picture & then left. Too cold! I will need to come back (at another time) to see the views. Tomorrow is the 100 mile wilderness. Yikes!

I miss everybody, but glad I am here. Hope (my younger brother) Scott passed his Eagle Board of Review today.

See you tomorrow!
Southbound,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment