Journal June 17, 2009 Trail Day 8

Well, it's the last night in the 100-Mile Wilderness. It seems like forever ago this trip started. I have already learned a lot and feel that I have what it takes to make it to Springer. The last two days have been tough, but a sample of what I will have to go through if I want to finish before Thanksgiving. I try not to think about how far away that is. This section of trail has been AMAZING, but I'm out of food and am ready for a hot shower and cold drink, then off to Stratton, Maine.
I've taken about 1 picture per mile so far, but that includes several that will be put together to form panoramic views. Today I even saw a pitcher plant! It is a carnivorous plant like a venus fly trap. I did not expect to see one up here!
Well, that's it for now. Off to town in the morning!
Bar-B-Que here we come!
-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment