Journal June 12, 2009 Trail Day 3

What a day! I woke up with water coming into my hammock. It was pouring this morning, but I didn't mind it too much. It kept the skeeters down. I still haven't gotten to see Katahdin, but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. Maybe I'll get a view at some point on the trail. I'm supposed to do 18 miles but I don't know...
Spent the night at a shelter with 3 guys, their daughters, and another thru-hiker. I don't know if the other guy is going to make it. He only did 4 miles today and plans on another 9 days for the wilderness, and he's never hiked before. Oh well.
Today and tomorrow are muddy days with lots of bogs that I have to walk through. Sometimes the mud was up to the tops of my shoes. Tough on the ankles. Well, good night. -Andrew
P.S. Too wet for pictures today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment