Journal June 16, 2009 Trail Day 7

Man, what a day! 17 miles and unlike the 21 mile day, this one had a lot of elevation change. It started with a 1200-ft climb over 1.4 miles to the top of Whitecap Mountain. Man, there were great views! The sun was shining and there were hardly any clouds. I took some pictures. I could even see Mount Katahdin! The day ended with a 4-mile climb from 630 feet elevation to 2180 feet and then a 0.4 mile hike down to 1930 feet. It was nuts on Chairback Mountain (the last climb and where we're staying). Joe decided to hike with me instead of stopping after 7.2 miles at the shelter where I had lunch. Speaking of, I did laundry today! Well, kind of. I rinsed my clothes and dried them but the wind blew one of my liner socks into the stream while drying on a rock and it washed away! Well, another long day tomorrow. Night!
-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment