Journal August 5,2009 (Wed.) Trail Day 57 (AT Mile 640.2)

It has been a long time. The trail has been time consuming, and energy consuming. I'm now in Massachusetts and pushing to make New York City by August 13th. In the last 6 days I have only been making 10 miles a day, partly because of mail pick-ups in towns, and partly because I have been enjoying the trail. Last night I stayed at a Lady's House. She lets hikers camp in her yard in return you have to mow grass around the blueberry bushes. She and her husband have a Blueberry Farm. Plucking plump blueberries was worth it.

Other high points:
12 Tribes Hostel in Rutland, VT was amazing. It is a commune that does work for stay and they fed us dinner and breakfast. Rutland was HUGE!! I saw the new Harry Potter movie too.

Dr. Fiori, my advisor from VA Tech, sent me a care package in Dalton, MA. I even got some homemade cookies! (Thanks Dr. Fiori, it was a terrific surprise!)

Brunch caught back up with me in Manchester Center, VT. He then got back off the trail to go see his girlfriend on the Cape for 4-5 days. I hope he catches back up.

Buffalo got ahead when we were in Rutland, so I've been hiking by myself for about a week and a half, but never alone at night. I have been enjoying the trail so much. It has become relatively flat and the mud has mostly dried up.


Life is GOOD!!!

Goals: Write in Journal more.

Zombie, writing from the nicest place on the trail :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment