Journal July 19, 2009 (Sunday) Trail Day 40 (AT Mile430.9 - 441.9)

Today I passed the 20% mark of the trail. Buffalo and I celebrated by hiking some more - into Hanover which leads to my next big milestone - tomorrow I'll be in Vermont! The terrain has started to flatten out so "big miles" are expected.

Not much else has been going on with the trail. Yesterday I got in a stream, and washed my clothes, body, and toes! I should have taken a picture of my clean toes! Speaking of feet, my shoes aren't working out, so I'm off looking for a new pair here in town - D'OH! I see money circling the drain. Time to tighten the belt around the wallet, but shoes are most important.

I know two more people who have gotten off the trail because of injuries. Pirate got off because of a stress fracture in his foot, and a guy named "Smokey" got off today because of knee problems since Maine. I was really sorry to hear about Pirate. He kept me going sometimes when we were hiking together.

So far, here are the people I know who have dropped out: Kentucky Fried & his friend, +1, Alobar, Clown-shoes, Professor dropped, but is now back on the trail, Pirate, Smokey. There are probably more that I have met and don't know about. As tough as it is to see friends leave, I just have to worry about myself and keep going.

Well, that's about it for now, hope I don't go broke before my next journal entry (joking, kinda')
Zombie

No comments:

Post a Comment